[pdal] About litree filter output: "PDAL: All points collinear"

Ulises Ibarra ulisesmartinibarra at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 19:28:08 PST 2022

Hi Jim:

Thank you very much for answering.

I thought that the origin of the problem was due to the fact that the
input.las file was made from the union of several files obtained by (TLS)
terrestrial scanning. I can't understand the concept of PointView, and I
imagined that the error was that there were many points where the
terrestrial scanner is located, but when making a large file made of small
files, that information was lost.

I did a test with a single file and got good results even though multiple
trees were considered under the same ClusterID. I subsampled the original
file with filters.sample.radios=0.020. And to this file I applied the
pipeline that I sent in my previous email with small modifications.
Processing time was around 24 hours.

In total I have 47 scans of that piece of rainforest. A question: What do
you think about the processing time of a large file that contains the 47
scans: Could it take 24 hours X 47 files = 1128 hours?

Regards

Ulises