[pdal] Downloading USGS LPC data with PDAL

Kirk Waters - NOAA Federal kirk.waters at noaa.gov
Thu Jun 23 10:56:31 PDT 2022

Andreas,
I could have this wrong, but I think the json file that has the boundaries
for the EPT datasets can be found at
https://github.com/hobuinc/usgs-lidar/blob/master/boundaries/boundaries.topojson.
That would allow you to figure out which datasets are within an AOI.
Standing up a service that would let you specify an AOI and then spit back
all the points, merging the different collects as it goes, has some
inherent problems. It's technically feasible; the issue is that some things
shouldn't be mixed. For example, pre and post-event collections for
hurricanes.

Kirk Waters, PhD
NOAA Office for Coastal Management
Applied Sciences Program