[pdal] Code in PDAL

Andreas Yankopolus andreas at yank.to
Mon Mar 21 17:48:16 PDT 2022

Howard,

> I ran the scenario linked on my osx-arm64 m1 machine without issue in Release or Debug mode for the PDAL 2.4.0 RC1.

I’m working on replicating the bug here. The version built by MacPorts exhibits it for 2.4.0 RC1.The version built by Homebrew doesn’t. Exception handling can get weird for reasons that I don’t understand.

> BTW, that scenario should not reproject the data to EPSG:4326. Do that as a post-process gdal_warp operation so that writers.gdal doesn't end up violating some assumptions you or it might have about square things.

Square is a slippery concept in geodata—a square in EPSG:4326 isn’t square in EPSG:5070 😉

Will converting to EPSG:4326 in PDAL cause problems if I want squares in EPSG:4326? I’m merging the output from PDAL with other geodata in EPSG:4326 and computing the crops to line up pixel boundaries across the products.

Cheers,

Andreas