[pdal] seting rdb_DIR in conda for readers.rdb

Donan, Eric Adair eadonan at tva.gov
Fri Jul 21 16:46:05 PDT 2023

I'm interested in reading Riegl .rdbx datasets using the readers.rdb dynamic reader.
I'm new to PDAL and python, but I do have Windows Server up and running with miniconda installed and the most recent version of PDAL. I've been using python-pdal for initial testing and exploring.
I have Riegl's processing software on the same machine with a known location to the rdblib.dll. I also have access to a recently downloaded version if needed.

Is it possible to set the rdb_DIR from my current setup or will I need to build PDAL? I have limited admin rights to this machine.

I did try to set this path in my Environment Variables, but it didn't work.
[image001.png]

Below is the error message I receive.
[image002.png]

I do have VS2022 Pro for C# dev, but building from CMAKE is way over my head at this point.

Thanks,
Eric