[pdal] colorization json gives error

Paul Harwood runette at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 05:54:32 PST 2023

You are opening a TIFF.

That is ok so far - but TIFFs are 2D structures. They have X,Y and Band
data.

It is, of course, very common to put DEM / DTM data in TIFF files with the
Z data in the first Band (usually).

However - as per
https://pdal.io/en/latest/stages/readers.gdal.html#readers-gdal - when
PDAL which band is mapped to which Dimension. PDAL doesn't know what kind
of Raster you are giving it.