[pdal] How to calculate point cloud density?

Ulises Ibarra ulisesmartinibarra at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 14:50:51 PST 2024

Hello, I have a huge doubt:

Previously, to calculate the density of a point cloud I used the following
command:

pdal density input_pointcloud.laz -o density.sqlite -f SQLite
--filters.hexbin.edge_size=1

But now that it has been depreciated to the density application, then: what
order would I have to use to continue obtaining a sqlite file with hexagons?

Or should I use what is stated in the email:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/pdal/2023-December/002729.html, where
Michael says that he used a with the following content:

"pipeline":[
    {
        "type":"readers.las",
        "filename":"/home/lefsky/time_trials/tile_67_136_sub_2.laz"
    },
    {
        "type":"writers.gdal",
"filename":"/home/lefsky/time_trials/tile_67_136_sub_2_density.tif",
   "dimension":"Z",
        "data_type":"Float32",
        "output_type":"count",
        "resolution": 1