[pdal] How to set proj search path using PDAL c++ API

Howard Butler howard at hobu.co
Mon May 13 15:28:57 PDT 2024

> On May 10, 2024, at 10:02 PM, wong shek via pdal <pdal at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:
>
> In GDAL, I can set the PROJ search paths using OSRSetPROJSearchPaths, but I can't find a similar method in PDAL. I prefer not to use the approach of setting the PROJ_LIB environment variable because it's not thread-safe.

I'm not sure what you mean by not thread-safe here. Are you changing the search path location per-thread? IIRC, the paths are loaded in thread-local storage when they are set via the environment variables. I don't understand what you mean by a thread-safe issue in regards to setting the PROJ_LIB (you should use PROJ_DATA going forward, it was relabeled to align with GDAL_DATA and to make it clear it was pointing at support data and not the PROJ .so).