[pdal] Performance Question

Dan Mullins dmullins78 at gmail.com
Mon May 20 23:57:59 PDT 2024

Hello -

We would like to store our data (points + point specific data) in an
Entwine point cloud. We've been testing a subset (~35m points) and noticed
some strange performance. When we give the reader.ept a polygon, the
response time for just X/Y/Z data is really fast. It returns ~15k points in
1s. When we create the ept with our additional data attributes (8 total),
it slows down to 6s. Is this expected? If so, are there ways to improve the
performance? Can we pick which columns of data we want returned?

Dan