[pgpointcloud] Importing to pgpointcloud

Roger Bedell rbedell at coordinatesolutions.com
Fri Jul 19 02:33:18 PDT 2013

Hi Howard,
I think something is not quite right in Windows-land.

1) I was not able to compile in release mode in Win32, lots of errors that
I did not chase down yet.
2) On my laptop, I get the memory fault with a single cache_block.
3) On the server, it works reasonably well, but still fairly slow (although
faster than with 3 cache blocks). It is good enough for now.
4) I tried just exporting to the las file like you did on the server, and
it is about the same speed as the pgpointcloud pipeline, about 5 minutes
for the sample file on a pretty fast machine.
5) I never did try the branch you sent me, this is the main branch from
last week that I'm testing.

So, I'm going to leave it the way it is for now while I do some other
things, like export and visualization. I'll come back to the speed and
compile issues later on.

Thanks for your help!
Roger