[pgpointcloud] Howto read/convert PTS or PTX formats?

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 17:36:24 PDT 2013

Hi Howard (and hello to Mateusz too)

Thanks for your replies. I'm new to converting LIDAR data (I'm rather used
to vector and raster conversion) but I thought I'm not the first one to
process FARO Focus3d data.

So my hope relies on a PTX->LAS conversion using Martin's pointzip before
importing LAS->PostgreSQL/PostGIS/pointcloud).

Or do you suggest to go back to the FARO device/software (which I don't
have right now) and export to another format, which can be read then
directly into PostgreSQL by PDAL (or another tool)?

Yours, Stefan
(Maintainer of http://geoconverter.hsr.ch)