[pgpointcloud] Dimensions and CRS

Nilesh Vyavahare Nilesh.Vyavahare at SeaZone.com
Wed Oct 16 08:20:11 PDT 2013

Hello,

I have a couple of questions regarding handling dimensions in PDAL that you guys might be able to answer.

1)  The default PDAL schema has got 14 dimensions when reading from las and writing to postgres. I only want to have 3 default dimensions (X,Y,Z) and want to add two more dimensions. I am using selector filter to keep XYZ and create two new dimensions. I want to know how to assign a default value for the new dimension. One of the newly created dimension is PointID (I tried to mimic the PointID dimension from default PDAL schema) but I don't know how to assign point identifier to each point when I am not making use of default PDAL schema. Do you know how does the default value for PointID gets assigned?

2) When I create a table with the data type PcPatch, I have to specify pcid from predefined pointcloud_formats table. I am wondering whether the table of type PcPatch only supposed to handle one SRID? Can I store PcPatches of different SRIDs into the same column?

I have attached example of pipeline I am using for explanation. Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Nilesh

Nilesh Vyavahare
Senior GIS Analyst, SeaZone

E: nilesh.vyavahare at seazone.com<mailto:nilesh.vyavahare at seazone.com>
T: +44 (0)1491 822861
________________________________
[Seazone Logo]

SeaZone Solutions
Howbery Park, Wallingford, Oxfordshire OX10 8BA, United Kingdom
T: +44 (0)870 013 0607     F: +44 (0)870 013 0608
www.seazone.com

SeaZone uses faxes and emails for confidential and legally privileged business communications. They do not of themselves create legal commitments. Disclosure to parties other than addressees requires our specific consent. We are not liable for unauthorised disclosures nor reliance upon them.
If you have received this message in error please advise us immediately and destroy all copies of it.

SeaZone is a division of HR Wallingford Limited.
Howbery Park, Wallingford, Oxfordshire, OX10 8BA, United Kingdom
Registered in England No. 2562099