[pgpointcloud] pg pointcloud with Postgres-XL?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Mon May 30 07:30:37 PDT 2016

You don't want the pointcloud_formats table "distributed" (bits of it
on each node, depending on what primary key value the bit has) you
want it "replicated" (ie, a complete copy of it on every node). So,
whatever magic incantation accomplishes that is what you want. Sounds
like you'll need to cludge the pgpointcloud sql file as you've already
done to add the right keyword, so that magic occurs. Seems very
achievable! Looking forward to hearing your experience, as I've always
thought that for pointcloud-in-db to scale up using a cluster like
PgXL or PgXC would be required.

P.