[pgrouting-dev] New version of osm2pgrouting

Jordan Anderson jordandrsn at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 23:43:03 EST 2010

Hi all,

Since you are in the process of migrating to git, I thought I would
share with you my modification of osm2pgrouting that I use for
www.ridethecity.com.

It adds the following features:
1. Creates and populates a way_tag table, maintaining the 1:N
relationship between ways and tags. The use case for Ride the City is
that sometimes we have to adjust the cost of a way based on the
presence of two or more tags e.g. surface=* and cycleway=*, or
highway=footway and bicycle=yes. This permits more sophisticated cost
calculations.

2. Creates and populates a relations table and a relation_ways table.
Ride the City also needs to be aware of relations for cost
calculations -- mostly as they relate to local, regional and national
bike routes. In the future, we would also want to incorporate turn
restrictions from OSM relations. (Note that the way_id in the
relation_ways table is actually the osm_id of the way -- not the id
that was assigned by osm2pgrouting to the splitted ways.)

3. Adds a new command line parameter called -skipnodes. If this is
set, the program will not load the nodes into the nodes table. This
can be a time-consuming step and is really not crucial for routing
(for us anyway). By default, the nodes table will still be filled as
usual.

Here is a link to the gzipped source code:
http://www.ridethecity.com/osm2pgrouting-relations.tar.gz

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks,
Jordan