[pgrouting-dev] Implementation of core Time Dependent Dijkstra function

Jay Mahadeokar jai.mahadeokar at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 17:03:38 EDT 2011

Hi.

As already discussed in the proposal for Time Dependent Shortest Path (TDSP)
basically core part would be the extension of basic dijkstra algorithm to
work for time dependent edge weights.

This will involve a major change in the usual approach of pgRouting in the
sense that no boost algorithm for time dependent edge weights is already
implemented. So, we have to code the core algorithm ourselves.

I was looking at the boost implementation of dijkstra algorithm here:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_46_1/boost/graph/dijkstra_shortest_paths.hpp
I figured we can reuse much of the code and ideas.

Before I look deeper into the code, and see how we can modify it to make it
time dependent, I wanted to know: if we reuse the static boost dijkstra code
(and some other code that would be required with it), will there be any
licencing issues?

--
Regards,
-Jay Mahadeokar