[pgrouting-dev] pgRouting Debian Package

"Christophe Damour (SIGéal)" sigeal at sigeal.com
Sat Dec 10 05:20:08 EST 2011

Hi Daniel,

I got the server up with Ubuntu 11.04.
I tried the following with no success :

- Installation following pgRouting doc
(http://www.pgrouting.org/docs/1.x/install_ubuntu.html)
It failed at step 2 (Comile pgRouting core), saying it couldn't find
POSTGRESQL_EXECUTABLE...
The postgresql executable path seems to be : /usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/bin

- Intallation of your pgRouting package
(postgresql-8.4-pgrouting_1.05-1~natty2_i386.deb)
It failed saying  postgresql-8.4-postgis is not installed.
I installed indeed postgresql-8.4 (apt-get install postgresql-8.4), but
when I try apt-get install postgresql-8.4-postgis, I get a
"postgresql-8.4-postgis is not available" message.

As you understand, I am quite a linux newbie, so I apologize for stupid
questions...

Any hint appreciated.

--
Christophe