[pgrouting-dev] change geometry column name

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Jan 14 10:16:37 EST 2011

On 1/14/2011 8:04 AM, Mohammed Rashad wrote:
> I am using dijkstra_sp function on my table names roads
> my table has the geometry column named geometry
>
> When I execute this sql
> SELECT the_geom FROM dijkstra_sp('roads');
>
> I am getting this error
> ERROR: column "geometry" does not exist
>    Position: 47
>
> but if I change my table roads geometry column to the_geom it works.
>
> Is there anyway to do routing on table which has different geometry
> column other than the_geom

Look at the plpgsql wrapper functions. You can probably just copy the
one you need to something like my_dijkstra_sp and make changes as
appropriate to your needs. I have done this many times. If you column
name changes a lot, you could pass in the name of your geometry column
and have the wrapper script change the queries to use that, like
my_dijkstra_sp('roads', 'geometry').