[pgrouting-dev] git newbie question

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sat Jul 9 13:57:54 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I have a git newbie question. I have checked out the git repository:

woodbri at mappy:~/work/pgrouting-git/pgrouting$ git branch -r
   origin/HEAD
   origin/darp
   origin/debian
   origin/debian-karmic
   origin/debian-maverick
   origin/debian-natty
   origin/devel-2_0
   origin/gsoc-multimodal
   origin/gsoc-tdsp
   origin/master
   origin/pristine-tar
   origin/snapshot
   origin/snapshot-maverick
   origin/unittests
   origin/upstream
woodbri at mappy:~/work/pgrouting-git/pgrouting$ git tag -l
debian/1.04-ppa12_lucid1
debian/1.05-1_karmic1
debian/1.05-1_lucid1
debian/1.05-1_maverick1
upstream/1.04
upstream/1.05
v1.05

what I would like to do is create a directory for the gsoc-multimodal
and gsoc-tdsp projects in say ../gsoc-tdsp and ../gsoc-multimodal and I
can not figure out how to do this.

~/work/pgrouting-git/pgrouting  is currently master

and I would like to create these:

~/work/pgrouting-git/gsoc-tdsp
~/work/pgrouting-git/gsoc-multimodal

I'm sure there has to be a simple way to do this, but I'm not seeing it.

Thanks,