[pgrouting-dev] git newbie question

Jay Mahadeokar jai.mahadeokar at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 14:11:36 EDT 2011

Hi,

Firstly, I am also a newbie in git and I have only learned commands that I
are utterly essential for me. But I guess this could work.

git checkout -b gsoc-tdsp origin/gsoc-tdsp

Please refer [1] to be perfectly sure and also other options.

[1] http://progit.org/book/ch3-5.html

On Sat, Jul 9, 2011 at 11:27 PM, Stephen Woodbridge <woodbri at swoodbridge.com
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a git newbie question. I have checked out the git repository:
>
> woodbri at mappy:~/work/**pgrouting-git/pgrouting$ git branch -r
>  origin/HEAD
>  origin/darp
>  origin/debian
>  origin/debian-karmic
>  origin/debian-maverick
>  origin/debian-natty
>  origin/devel-2_0
>  origin/gsoc-multimodal
>  origin/gsoc-tdsp
>  origin/master
>  origin/pristine-tar
>  origin/snapshot
>  origin/snapshot-maverick
>  origin/unittests
>  origin/upstream
> woodbri at mappy:~/work/**pgrouting-git/pgrouting$ git tag -l
> debian/1.04-ppa12_lucid1
> debian/1.05-1_karmic1
> debian/1.05-1_lucid1
> debian/1.05-1_maverick1
> upstream/1.04
> upstream/1.05
> v1.05
>

> what I would like to do is create a directory for the gsoc-multimodal and
> gsoc-tdsp projects in say ../gsoc-tdsp and ../gsoc-multimodal and I can not
> figure out how to do this.
>
> ~/work/pgrouting-git/pgrouting  is currently master
>
> and I would like to create these:
>
> ~/work/pgrouting-git/gsoc-tdsp
> ~/work/pgrouting-git/gsoc-**multimodal
>
> I'm sure there has to be a simple way to do this, but I'm not seeing it.
>
> Thanks,
>  -Steve

Regards,
-Jay Mahadeokar