[pgrouting-dev] git newbie question

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sat Jul 9 15:07:03 EDT 2011

Jay,

Thanks. OK, that is interesting - it checks out the additional branch

woodbri at mappy:~/work/pgrouting-git/pgrouting$ git branch
* gsoc-tdsp
   master

and converts the cwd to that branch.  And I can switch the directory
between master and gsoc-tdsp with commands:

git checkout master
git checkout gsoc-tdsp

respectively. So this is close, but it does not look like it is easy to
create two directories one with each branch instantiated in it. I
suppose I could rsync the checked out view into another directory or
clone the repository for each separate instance I want and then change
the instance to the branch.

The rsync method seems to work but is a little awkward. Well if anyone
has any additional ideas, let me know.

-Steve