[pgrouting-dev] Public Transport Topology
justjkk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 21:49:12 EDT 2011
Glad to see you are back. I was working with producing GTFS data over the
last week and am planning to use GTFS format tables for holding public
Since a lot of tables are involved(like trips, routes, stops, stop_times),
we cannot use the regular syntax of passing a select query as the first
argument to the core routing function. Hence, I encapsulated all the tables
into a Schema and pass it as the first argument Will there be any
problems in this case?
With GTFS data, we get the following information about a route:
1. Locations of stops visited(thus, straight line distance),
2. Sequence of stops visited(used for Non-scheduled routing),
3. Trip timetable(used for scheduled routing, optional),
4. Frequency of trips(used for Non-scheduled routing)
Fare attributes are also in the GTFS specification but I cut it down because
of the complexity involved.
Am I missing storing any other information to find the ideal route?
Thanks & Regards,
J Kishore kumar.
 - http://code.google.com/transit/spec/transit_feed_specification.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the pgrouting-dev