[pgrouting-dev] pgRouting 2.x idea

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Sun Jun 19 13:57:43 EDT 2011

Hi list,

Already quickly mentioned in a previous post [1], some of the pgRouting
developers think that it might be the right time to get started with a new
major release.

There are several reasons for that, such as renaming functions (think about
"assign_vertex_id" or "shortest_path_shootingstar_directed") or getting rid
of the troublesome CGAL dependency, not to forget compatibility with PostGIS
2.0. Furthermore pgRouting will get some new functions in the next
months thanks to Jay's and Kishore's great work during GSoC. We think there
could be a better way to put together all the functions.

To keep this post short I created a Wiki page on GitHub for collecting ideas
and feedback:
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/2.0-Development-Plan (should be
editable by everyone)

So if you want to back this plan, give some comment, add a request or new
idea, ... just write to the Wiki or to the mailing list.
If you want to participate and contribute, even better!

Daniel

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/pgrouting-dev/2011-June/000268.html

eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de