[pgrouting-dev] duplicate function names in core

Mario Basa mario.basa at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 02:23:19 PDT 2012

Hello,

I am encountering problems placing the drivedist.c and
boost_drivedist.cpp into core (everything compiles, drivedist works
but astar searches dumps core. If I take out drivedist, astar works
like normal.), so I decided to poke around the source. I just found
out that there are so many duplicate functions (i.e.
finish(),text2char(),etc.) and struct names (edge_column,etc.) in each
of the C files.

Since C does not have any namespace functionality nor function
overloading, I don't have any idea which one will be called whenever
there is a library call. Scary since this will be difficult to debug.

Now that pgRouting is getting source contributions, I think this will
be a good time that we start discussing function naming conventions to
avoid duplicates as well as directory (core and extensions)
structures.

Regards,

Mario.