[pgrouting-dev] Free as in Freedom OSM converter

Stephen Mather stephen at smathermather.com
Thu Jun 13 11:35:24 PDT 2013

Cool.  I got the same errors re: topology and unique contraints, so
we'll see how it goes under actual use.

Best,
Steve

Hi Steve,

Today I have created a new "develop" branch [1] for osm2pgrouting, merged
some pull requests, fixed conflicts and did some small changes.
If nothing went wrong, then the "develop" branch should now support 32bit
ID's and pgRouting 2.0 function names.

[1]https://github.com/pgRouting/osm2pgrouting/tree/develop

I just made one simple test with Bangladesh data and got 2 suspicious
messages:

Classes table created
Adding tag types and classes to database...
ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique constraint "classes_pkey"
DETAIL:  Key (id)=(100) already exists.
CONTEXT:  COPY classes, line 28: "100 1 unclassified 1 50"

There is a new PRIMARY KEY added for the "id" attribute, so it will just
fail to insert the same class id twice.
Not sure why this happens, but it seems no big issue. Before there was no
unique constraint at all.

And in the end it reported

NOTICE:  0 out of 27919 edges processed
NOTICE:  10000 out of 27919 edges processed
NOTICE:  20000 out of 27919 edges processed
Create Topology failed:
size of streets: 13123
size of splitted ways : 27919

But the network table actually looked OK, so maybe it's just the error
message that is wrong.
I need to look at this some time later.

If you have a time to test and make sure that it works with 32bit ID's,
that would be great.

Daniel