[pgrouting-dev] Understanding TSP matrix-- conceptual

Stephen Mather stephen at smathermather.com
Sat Jun 15 08:17:41 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I have been puzzling over the TSP matrix option and its use for
non-Euclidean distances in large part because the routing problem I
normally solve is not a rational city layout, but an irrational trail
layout which regularly violates the expectation of Euclidean distance
(places like this: http://maps.clemetparks.com/url/fjc or even better
this: http://maps.clemetparks.com/url/cjc .

So, am I correct to assume that the matrix itself is like the distance
matrices in the back of an old atlas, or am I way off here?

             Chicago Denver    New York
Chicago          0      1004        790
Denver        1004         0       1778
New York       790      1778          0