[pgrouting-dev] Quick 2.0 Update

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Mar 5 13:39:32 PST 2013

Hi All,

Just a quick update.

* new branch sew-devel-2_0
* moved files into a new tree structure
* merged trsp into this structure
* checkin and pushed
* started working on getting just this much to build
* making changes to cmake stuff and debugging locally
* will push these changes soon

I also make some minor comments on the 2.0 dev wiki page. I'll update
this once things settle down a little:

https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/2.0-Development-Plan

I found one thing I don't like about this structure and that is there
are more little sql files to deal with, but my hope is that these can
all be hidden as part of the CREATE EXTENSION command when I get to that.

My plan is something like this:

* get current tree to compile on old debian with pg8.3 and postgis 1.5.x
* I need to find/setup a system with pg9.1+ and postgis 2.0.x
* get it to compile there
* get the extension packaging to work
* get it working with windows
* then start renaming procedures and clean all that up (this might need
to be done sooner rather than later).