[pgrouting-dev] Quick 2.0 Update

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Tue Mar 5 20:45:10 PST 2013

> I found one thing I don't like about this structure and that is there are
> more little sql files to deal with, but my hope is that these can all be
> hidden as part of the CREATE EXTENSION command when I get to that.

Hi Steve,

CREATE EXTENSION is probably the most user-friendly way, so whether you
have one SQL file or many, for the user it'S a single command.
Another possibility would be to concatenate SQL files as part of the build
process.

For versions of PostgreSQL where CREATE EXTENSION isn't available yet, a
template database would be convenient. So a simple script or page in the
documentation would be enough in that case.
Thoughts?

How about the library binaries. This would be then also one file per
algorithm, right?
Could this be merged into a few as well?

eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: http://georepublic.de