[pgrouting-dev] Quick 2.0 Update

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Mar 7 08:21:08 PST 2013

Maybe :) Contributions would be welcome. Seriously if people want to
contribute building test cases is a great way. Let me know and we can
discuss the basic requirements. We could probably build a test database
that has:

1. raw edge table
2. a table of queries to run on that table
3. a collection of stored procedures that validate query results

The idea be that we can run one query like:

select * from run_tests();
Test 1 - OK
Test 2 - Failed
Test 3 - OK

Or something along these lines. Automation can come later, if we have
the database and the test queries.

I have thought about testing in the past an looked into some schemes for
building automated tests but non that I have been happy with.

Testing has three major dimensions in my mind:

1. a test infrastructure for automating tests
2. unit tests that focus on the C/C++ algorithm code outside the DB
3. integration testing in the database

That said, I need to get the src tree reorganized and building and
installing first.

-Steve