[pgrouting-dev] pgRouting 2.0 Update - Build outside src tree

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Mar 26 01:34:19 PDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 10:56:06AM +0900, Daniel Kastl wrote:

> > Your last pushed broke a few things:
> >
> > 1. make distclean - is now gone
>
> I didn't change anything but "make distclean" is a custom extension added
> by Kishore during GSoC and maybe it doesn't work in build directories.

I don't know about cmake, but in the autotools world things get
confused when configuring both inside and outside the build tree.

In that case, running "make distclean" in the external build tree
only cleans the things in the external build tree, leaving stale things
in the other.

In order to reduce this risk, the configure script generated by automake
refuses to run when invoked from a build dir if the source dir is already
configured in-place.

--strk;