[pgrouting-dev] Testing different versions of PostGIS with CREATE EXTENSION

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Mon May 6 14:17:56 PDT 2013

For PostgreSQL 9.1+ and PostGIS 2.0+ it is possible to denote the version of
PostGIS to test with.

I'm wondering if it would be too much work to have that as a variable that
can be set in the test script.

The reason I ask is right now I have multiple versions of PostGIS installed
on each pg version of the buildbot.

So to pick which one to use.  If I do

CREATE EXTENSION postgis;

It ends up using the last version installed.

However I can be more explicit and say

CREATE EXTENSION postgis VERSION "2.0.3";

Or

CREATE EXTENSION postgis VERSION "2.1.0SVN";

So if we could pass that in as a variable, would make it much easier to test
against different versions of PostGIS.

On a slightly related note, I noticed the sew_2.0 is installing the
extension as 1.0.7.  Shouldn't this be bumped to 2.0.0?

Thanks,
Regina