[pgrouting-dev] pgRouting 2.0 using OSX homebrew

Alec Gosse alec at thegosses.com
Tue May 7 07:27:22 PDT 2013

Hello all,

I am working on a bicycle routing project and converting from Open Trip Planner to pgRouting on both OSX and 64bit Ubuntu with PostgreSQL 9.1+. For me, the sew-revel-2_0 branch will build under ubuntu 12.10, but not on OSX 10.8 using dependencies installed through Homebrew.

Homebrew is certainly the best way I've found to install open-source tools on a mac, so I would like to help get pgRouting 2.0 installable that way. Homebrew tends to use quite current packages such as boost 1.53, however, but I see in tool/NOTES.txt that pgRouting requires boost 1.46.1? Since things build on Ubuntu using boost 1.49, I'm wondering if this still applies?

In either case, what's the best way for me to help get things running under OSX? Should I post errors I can't resolve to the list, and or is someone already working on this?

Best,
Conrad (Alec) Gosse, MUEP
 Doctoral Candidate: Civil &
  Environmental Engineering