[pgrouting-dev] Renaming TYPE structures?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri May 10 08:36:54 PDT 2013

Hi Daniel, et al,

I have added renaming the pgrouting types to the spreadsheet. But I'm
concerned about doing this for a few reasons. If we are going to change
the types, this needs to be done first to avoid having to touch all the
SQL code twice.

pros:

1. it gives a more consistent naming through the project

cons:

1. this change is more invasive because it propagates into the C code

2. it may break the ability of legacy functions from working with old
existing code unless it is possible to define a CAST that would map the
new type to the old type like:

create cast (pgr_pathResult as path_result)
    without function as implicit;

I have not tried this but it seems like it might work.

Thoughts?