[pgrouting-dev] Shortest Path with conditional cost

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at mapgears.com
Mon Mar 10 17:53:45 PDT 2014

Hello,

I'm trying to get my head around a networking building problem and
wonder if it would be possible to have conditional cost depending on the
type of segment (or nodes) we crossed to get there?

An example would be:
Each line segment have a cost and a type (A, B or C). You need to
calculate the shortest path from one node 1 to node 35, but can only use
one segment of type C.

Would this be possible?
What kind of modification would this need?

My current solution would be to calculate the total cost using every
single type C segment in my area, but in the long run, I fear this won't
scale.

I'm currently building a carpooling portal and I get the carpool offers
as segments and nodes in my DB. I should not allow users to plan a trip
combining 2 different offers as this quickly becomes a logistical nightmare.

Best regards,
Julien

--
Julien-Samuel Lacroix