[pgrouting-dev] GSoc2014

Raffaello Bertini raffaellobertini at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 03:38:23 PDT 2014

Hello from Italy,
I'm Raffaello Bertini and I'm interested in GSoc2014.
I've got a bachelor degree in computer science and I'm attending for the
master degree, but
actually I'm working for a start-up designing & developing their main
system.
I'm finishing my job at the end of April so I've been able to accomplish
the GSoC2014.

I've already worked  with GIS and routing algorithm:

   - Postrgers/PostGIS
   - TSP, Dijkstra, ...
   - pgRouting as a fork.

For GSoc2014 I'm interested in these topics:

   - *ASTP*

I saw there are already a pl/pgsql script that solve ATSP by conversion and
Simulated Annealing for solving TSP.
I think it's required to build a specific function inside pgRouting v2 and
I have in mind to develop a 3opt and/or Simulated Annealing for ATSP.
Is It ok?

   - *Contraction Hierarchies*

I don't understand at all what it is supposed to do. Is it ask to develop
the Contraction Hierarchies algorithm into pgRouting or to integrate the
existing algorithm of OSRM?

Or revising the pgr2OSRM tool?
(pgr2OSRM is an utility to connect pgRouting to OSRM, isn't it?)

   - *Implement generic driving directions add-on to pgRouting*

This one seems very funny to do. I read the wiki "Driving Direction
Instructions".

   - *Flow Algorithms*

Which one? Maximum or Minimun?

For the Maximum flow