[pgrouting-dev] RbRouting ruby wrapper for select pgRouting 2.0 functions

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Mar 10 21:44:13 PDT 2014

On 3/11/2014 12:34 AM, Jordan Anderson wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm working on a ruby wrapper for some pgRouting 2.0 functions that
> I'm calling RbRouting. This is based on some ruby code that I pulled
> out of ridethecity.com and made a bit more generic. Currently, I've
> defined classes to generate TRSP, Dijkstra, and A* shortest paths, as
> well as a method to run osm2pgrouting. (I haven't actually tested the
> restrict_sql part of TRSP yet, but in theory it should work!)
>
> My goal is to provide this plus a generic version of the logic
> ridethecity.com uses to generate its turn-by-turn directions, too,
> possibly via a separate class or plugin gem.
>
> Here's the repository: https://github.com/jordanderson/rb_routing
>
> I haven't published this to rubygems yet as it's still pretty rough
> around the edges and has no documentation, but I'd appreciate your
> feedback, issue reporting, or pull requests!
>
> Thanks,
> Jordan

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for your interest and your contribution.

I just added a new section to our wiki called "Friends of pgRouting"
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki

and added a pointer to your project.
I don't use Ruby so I'm not much help there but I bet you will get some
others that are interested.

Best regards,