[pgrouting-dev] apsp_warshall question

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Mar 12 10:15:53 PDT 2014

On 3/12/2014 12:26 PM, patrick schirmer wrote:
> Dear Stephen,
>
> I saw your note on githup concerning an error in pgr_apspWarshall
> (https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/issues/107). As I am not a
> computer scientist and no developer, forgive me not to comment on
> Github, but  do you know the state of that function?
>
> To my understanding this function does not create undirected links, even
> though it claims to do so. When running it on a streetnetwork I observe
> that I have different values for 1->2 and 2->1. The network you use as
> testcase (https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/issues/107) has the
> same output: the output from 1 to 2 is given, while the direction 2 to 1
> is missing!
>
> Hope to get a feedback on this issue from you,
>
> Sincerely, Patrick

Patrick,

I'm not sure I can help you much with these algorithms. Both were
developed by some of our GSoC students. I'm not familiar with the
workings of these algorithms. While I can spin out code and manage
releases, I'm not an expert on all the algorithms of implementations.

I believe that the code ignores the reverse cost if that helps.