[pgrouting-dev] Reg: Compile error in KSP with PostgreSQL 8.4

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Jun 22 10:34:25 PDT 2015

Ther already is the ticket for this problem:

https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/issues/301

While I'm willing to accept this is an enhancement request, it is a very
high priority in my mind because MANY production sites have to support
multiple versions of postgres and it is a standard supported feature of
postgresql to be able to run a cluster of multiple versions.

Upgrading the database is not always an option, because some software
packages require specific versions of the database and users are not
always in a position to upgrade the software dependencies. It might be
easy for a developer to do this because they are not running a
production environment, but ultimately most users that are running a
production environment, do not have this option because they go through
an IT department or a service provider and have to rely on them for
version support.

And more importantly, because it is all about me :), I can't develop and
test in my environment against 9.2, 9.3, 9.4 that I have installed when
we need to verify bugs from users, and test against versions locally.

So if Mani can get this working great, and if not I will eventually get
to it for the next release, and if we have a fix for this, I'll roll it
into develop so others that need it can get it.

-Steve