[pgrouting-dev] Some GSoC ideas about pgRouting(full)

Maoguang Wang xjtumg1007 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 21:28:31 PST 2017

Hi, everyone,

    Sorry, I forgot to write my ideas about pgRouting in my last email. :)

    Ideas:
         1> about C++ Boost graph algorithms, there are still some graph
algorithms not in pgRouting(planer graph algorithms, etc.)
         2> about Vehicle Routing Problem: Pickup and Delivery, use
shortest path algorithms(Dijkstra, Dijkstra + Heap, Bellman Ford, SPFA,
etc.)
         3> about Support for variable priorities (order, vehicle), maybe
use Astar algorithms is better.
         4> about Chinese Postman Problem, it's an easy problem on
undirected graph.Otherwise, this problem is NP-Hard.Maybe heuristic
algorithms(Astar etc.) will be helpful.Use Kruskal algorithms(only consider
vertices with odd degree) to make MST and match these vertices, then we get
approximate solution with less time complexity.

         It would be very kind of you if you could tell me any suggestion
or information for this project so that I can make my ideas better. :)

Thanks,
Maoguang Wang