[pgrouting-dev] Some GSoC ideas about pgRouting

Maoguang Wang xjtumg1007 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 06:25:09 PST 2017

Hi, everyone,

I come again :)

I have been configuring the development
environment(PostgreSQL+PostGIS+PgRouting)
last day. I have done this work on my MacBook today morning. Now I can use
functions in PgRouting to analyze map of Beijing :)

I used 'shp2pgsql' to convert shp file into sql file and imported it to my
database. And 'pgr_dijkstra' allowed me to run Shortest Path Algorithm on
my database. Finally I used 'pgsql2shp' to export results as shp file. So
that I can show them by Arcmap.

I have exceedingly interested in PgRouting(and other open source libraries)
and I will continue to read source code of PgRouting and learn how to
develop it. But I'm not sure whether learning more about PostgreSQL and
PostGIS would help. I wonder if you could give me some advices about it. :)

Thanks,
Maoguang Wang