[pgrouting-dev] Some GSoC ideas about pgRouting

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Fri Feb 24 06:32:30 PST 2017

Hello Wang.

>From the last mail you sent, looks like you want to develop an application
*using* pgRouting, for GSoC in the pgRouting project, we want people to
develop *more functionality into* pgRouting. Maybe some other projects use
pgRouting to develop their functionality.

Please read carefully:
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-Ideas
specially the section:
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-Ideas#for-gsoc-2017-we-require-applicants-to
and communicate with us in gitter so we can have a conversation
https://gitter.im/pgRouting/pgrouting

regards
Vicky

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 8:25 AM, Maoguang Wang <xjtumg1007 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, everyone,
>
> I come again :)
>
> I have been configuring the development environment(PostgreSQL+PostGIS+PgRouting)
> last day. I have done this work on my MacBook today morning. Now I can use
> functions in PgRouting to analyze map of Beijing :)
>
> I used 'shp2pgsql' to convert shp file into sql file and imported it to my
> database. And 'pgr_dijkstra' allowed me to run Shortest Path Algorithm on
> my database. Finally I used 'pgsql2shp' to export results as shp file. So
> that I can show them by Arcmap.
>
> I have exceedingly interested in PgRouting(and other open source
> libraries) and I will continue to read source code of PgRouting and learn
> how to develop it. But I'm not sure whether learning more about PostgreSQL
> and PostGIS would help. I wonder if you could give me some advices about
> it. :)
>
> Thanks,
> Maoguang Wang

>> Hi Maoguang,
>>
>> Thank you for introducing yourself!
>> Still mentoring organizations for this year's GSoC have not been approved
>> yet, but you can read through the pgRouting GSoC Wiki page:
>> https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Daniel
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 1:55 PM, Maoguang Wang <xjtumg1007 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, everyone,
>>>
>>>      I am currently a second year student majoring in Information and
>>> Computing Science.
>>>      I am familier with graph algorithms(I got ACM-ICPC 2016 China-Final
>>> Gold Medal last year) and would love to contribute to pgRouting in GSoC
>>> this year.

>> --
>> Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan
>> eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de