[pgrouting-dev] A roadmap

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Apr 3 14:41:57 PDT 2018

The Roadmap looks good to me.  Should make some sections of pgRouting book obsolete and allow us to cover other topics.

*withPoints functions are very popular, but I think there has to be a simpler way of coming up with the  point/frac  as that's where I think most people struggle.

But unfortunately I don't have any thoughts about that yet and haven't looked at recent functions added.

As far as getting rid of CGAL not sure how important that is.  I think a lot of package maintainers are used to having that dependency now and for Windows, I need to include CGAL anyway to support PostGIS SFCGAL.

There is also some talk of expanding CGAL use in PostGIS.  That said, if the alpha shape rewriting is a lot of work, I'd put it off, as the gain would have been useful a couple of years ago, but not so much today.

Thanks,

Regina