[pgrouting-dev] A roadmap

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Tue Apr 3 20:05:38 PDT 2018

Thank you Vicky for your thoughts about the roadmap!

I agree, that the function to calculate the drivetime polygon would be much
better suited to PostGIS (and/or GEOS).
It's nice to have as few dependencies as possible. Like Regine said,
current package maintainers already for got used to having CGAL as a
dependency, and I remember a time, when it was a real obstacle, but now
it's not so big problem anymore.

I'm not sure, if there are non-pgRouting users, that may find the
AlphaShape function useful.
It would be nice, if such a work to "move" this part out of pgRouting would
be funded or contributed.

Daniel

eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de
Web: https://georepublic.info