[pgrouting-dev] GSoC 18: Truck and Trailer routing problem

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Tue Mar 6 11:31:48 PST 2018

Hello Sourabh

I made some comments on your proposal.
Based on my experience, and on reading the whole computational idea,  I can
see that the **whole** problem is too big to tackle during the duration of
the program.
But something doable can be: Generate a valid initial solution for the
Truck and Trailer problem.
There are 3 to 4 algorithms involved in this just sole task!!

All VRP problems are NP-hard, so, they never give the exact optimized
answer anyway.

Can you make a proposal V2, where you only consider for deliverables:
The initial solution construction
Comparing that initial solution with 3 or 4 benchmarks
user documentation

Use a different file for that proposal V2, so to keep the original as is,
for comparing.
And dont act on my comments just leave this original as it is.

regrads
Vicky

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 12:15 PM, Sourabh Garg <
sourabh.gargcd.mat14 at iitbhu.ac.in> wrote:

> Hello Every one,
>
> I am Sourabh Garg, a prefinal undergraduate student at IIT(BHU), India.
> Here
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t4LmR3SBfgyQpGDGK_fnzKf2D-NMBPTHudJbLUHMkcM/edit?usp=sharing> is
> the link to my proposal for GSoC 18 titled* "Truck and Trailer routing
> problem"*. Please provide your valuable feedback.
> Thanks,
>

> *Sourabh Garg*
> Senior Undergraduate
> Mathematics and Computing