[pgrouting-dev] Proposal for Cleanup of pgRouting/Workshop Github Repository

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Mon Dec 21 17:10:46 PST 2020

Thanks, this is a good proposal!

I agree that cleanup is good and that we should have less branches and more
clear conventions.

Sometimes branches may be different to the main workshop, so I'm not sure
if a tag would solve the problem.
But whenever a tag (release) solves it, then it's perfectly fine.

I'm actually not sure if it really makes sense to keep a long list of old
workshops.
Who will ever do the old one? Should we really encourage people to look at
old ones?
Maybe it would be even better to just have a single workshop.

Regarding branch names, "main" is good and an alternative to "develop"
could be "next".
It is shorter and indicates that it will be the next release. If we already
rename things, we could do this as well.
We could also wait with renaming "master" as Github seems to prepare
something that will prevent to break stuff:
https://github.com/github/renaming

Best regards,
Daniel

eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de