[pgrouting-dev] GSoC 2020 Coding Period Report Week 8

Himanshu Raj raj.himanshu2 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 07:20:22 PDT 2020

Hello Everyone,
My Wiki [1]
My Forked Repository [2]
This is my report for *Coding Period Week 8 (July 20th  - July 26th).*

   -

   *What did I get done this week?*
   - Added documentation for the function pgr_makeConnected() which
      provides a short description of the function, sample usage of
the function
      through sample queries and results, tables that explain the input
      parameters as well as output parameters and finally reference links to
      boost :: make_connected() documentation.
      - Prepared a shared doc file to show possible applications of my
      implemented functions to my mentor. My mentor suggested some
changes to the
      doc file and my functions.
      - My mentor reviewed my code till now and suggested the changes to
      the function pgr_boyerMyvold( ).The suggested changes were - a
      true/false function instead of returning the whole graph, pgTAP
tests for 2
      edges disconnected graphs and smaller non-planar graphs.
      - So, I made copies of the directories of pgr_boyerMyrvold() to have
      a backup function. Started working for the suggested changes on
the backup
      function.
      - Details can be found in [3].
      - Merged a pull request with all these changes [4].
   -

   *What do I plan on doing next week?*
   - Implement the suggested changes for the function pgr_boyerMyrvold()
      i.e. a true/false function, pgTAP tests for 2 edges disconnected
graphs and
      smaller non-planar graphs.
      - Complete the remaining documentation of the function
      pgr_makeConnected() i.e. complete the Additional Examples section of
      the doc.
      - Finalize the shared doc file of implemented functions report and
      move it to the wiki.
   -

   *Am I blocked on anything?*
   - No