[pgrouting-dev] GSoC 2020 - Coding Period Report Week 1 - Implementation of Edge Contraction technique in pgRouting

Himanshu Raj raj.himanshu2 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 09:07:22 PDT 2020

Hello Everyone,
This is my report for Coding Period Week 1 (June 1st  - June 7th).
My Wiki [1]
My Forked Repository [2]
*What did you get done this week?*
- Continued coding on my function pgr_kargersContraction in the branch
named him <https://github.com/rajhim2/GSoC-pgRouting/tree/him> in my forked
repository [2]. Completed with designing the skeleton of the function. Able
to read data from postgresql. Currently it is returning (0 rows) on the
query.
- Modified and added all the required files for the implementation of my
function:

   - doc/kargersContraction/ - CMakeLists.txt, pgr_kargersContraction.rst
   - docqueries/kargersContraction/ - CMakeLists.txt,
   doc-pgr_kargersContraction.result, doc-pgr_kargersContraction.test.sql,
   test.conf
   - include/drivers/kargersContraction/ - kargersContraction.h
   - pgtap/kargersContraction/- kargersContraction-edge-cases.sql,
   kargersContraction-innerQuery.sql, kargersContraction-types-check.sql,
   no_crash_test-kargersContraction.sql
   - Modified sql/kargersContraction/ - CMakeLists.txt,
   _kargersContraction.sql, kargersContraction.sql
   - Modified src/kargersContraction/ - CMakeLists.txt,
   kargersContraction.c, kargersContraction_driver.cpp
   - Modified the function signatures in sql/sigs/pgrouting--3.0.0.sig

Merged a pull request [3] with all these changes (#41
<https://github.com/pgRouting/GSoC-pgRouting/pull/41>).
- Fixed all the Travis-CI warnings and errors.
- Discussed about the areaContraction technique and its algorithm in the
meeting discussions[4] June 5th and June 6th.
- *What do I plan on doing next week?*
-

   - Based on the discussion of June 5th and June 6th with my mentor I will
   start coding a new boost function which will give support of planar graph
   algorithms in pgRouting.
   - I will be designing the skeleton and C++ containers of this new boost
   function in the coming week.
   - Meanwhile, I will be verifying and designing the contraction function
   pgTap Tests manually. I will be planning the pseudo-code of the function.
   - I will be modifying the name of my contraction function from
   pgr_kargersContraction() to pgr_areaContraction() and do the same for all
   the header/c/c++ files.

- *Are you blocked on anything?'*
No
-