[pgrouting-dev] GSoC 2020 -Community Bonding Report (May 4 - May 17) - Lengauer Tarjan dominator tree and Two graphs common Spanning Trees for pgRouting

Prakash Tiwari 85prakash2017 at gmail.com
Sun May 17 11:18:44 PDT 2020

Hello Everyone,
This is my report for the Community Bonding Period (May 4-May 17). After
discussing with mentors we have reduced the time for the community bonding
period and utilize this for the coding period. This report and
updated timeline can also found in Project wiki [1].
*What did I get done this period?*
1. Introduced myself and my project in the soc mailing list as well as the
pgrouting-dev mailing list [5].
2. Requested edit access to the OSGeo Project Wiki page [6]
3. Set up a wiki page to keep track of weekly progress and project
detail.[1]
4. Set up the development environment. And created own branch in
GSoC-pgRouting named gsoc-prakash to work on this project.[3]
5. Created dummy function pgr_funnyDijikstra for better understanding.[2]
6. Developed a better understanding of PostgreSQL, PostGIS, Pl/pgSQL, and
how they interact with pgRouting.
7. Learn to test pgRouitng.[4]

Apart from that also attended all the session organized by the vickey
vergara in which I have learned :

    - Understood the file structure and the execution sequance of the
functions of pgRouting.
    - Understood the testing schema of pgRouting and how to do the
testing using pgTAP (types-check, inner-query, no-crash-test,
edge-cases) and docqueries (creating custom tests and verifying).
    - Understood how to design a function.
    - Analyzed how to store the graph in the database and the
functions related to that (e.g. functions in edges_input.c).
    - Set up a branch named gsoc-prakash on the pgRouting
GSoC-repository for sending pull requests.
    - Learned how to create a simple dummy function
(pgr_funnyDijkstra, pgr_span2trees).
    - Understood the releases of pgRouting (alpha, beta, rc1) and that
v3.0.0 will be released later.
    - Understood the Continuous Integration on Travis CI, Appveyor and
GitHub build, and how to report the build problems, if encountered.

*What did I plan to do the next week?*

   - Developing pgr_ lengauer_tarjan_dominator_tree().
   - Create a basic skeleton for C, C++, SQL code, and for
documentation and tests

Sincerely,
Prakash Tiwari

[Links]