[pgrouting-dev] MOTION 2: Stop 2.x series support

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Sun Oct 4 17:15:51 PDT 2020

+0

I understand the reasons for dropping CGAL and I think it's a good idea to
lower the amount of maintenance effort.
This is just a single function that probably only has a few users and it
requires a lot of attention.
Because I and my company do not use the alphaShape function at the moment,
it's also easy to agree.

That said, I'm not really sure if alphaShape will be part of PostGIS any
time soon.
Is there someone working on this? Is there a feature request issue already?
If not, we should probably create an issue and reference it to the one on
pgRouting to drop CGAL.

Regards,
Daniel

eMail: daniel.kastl at georepublic.de