[pgrouting-dev] MOTION 2: Stop 2.x series support

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sun Oct 4 20:07:05 PDT 2020

I don’t think it will be in PostGIS anytime soon and even if it is it would be thru SFCGAL which is not a hard dependency.

I am working on a revised ST_ConcaveHull (faster and more accurate) which could act as a proxy but I’m not sure I’ll be done with it before 3.1 and even so, many users would be using lower.

Also keep in mind what Darafei said in his blog post.  He thought AlphaShapes are a poor solution for pgRouting.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/isochrones-are-20933638

Added him to this email thread in case he wants to comment