[pgrouting-dev] Ist there a chance to provide pgRouting extension 2.6.x or 3.1.x as rpm packages released for SLES12 SP5 and SLES15 SP2

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Tue Jan 26 07:45:34 PST 2021

Hello
comments on the text
Regards
Vicky

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 12:40 AM Kämpf, Heiko (OWL-IT) <h.kaempf2 at owl-it.de>
wrote:

> Dear pgRouting development Team,
>

> as far as we could see, there doesn’t seem to be any pgRouting extension
> rpm packages available
>
> at https://pgrouting.org/download.html, that is released for SUSE Linux
> Enterprise Server.

We are not responsible of SUSE linux Enterprise Server.

> Is there a chance to provide rpm packages, released for SLES12 SP5 or
> SLES15 SP2, in the next time?
>
> If not, can you recommend what kind of source code version can be used, when
> runnig Linux SLES12 SP5.

The SUSE linux Enterprise Server team, would be the ones to package
pgRouting for their OS

> We have installed postgreSQL 10 and postgreSQL 11 version including postGIS 30
> extension in our environment.
>
> We got trouble when trying to run cmake/make with pgRouting extension
> version 3.1.2 about missing  boost and some xxx.hpp files.
>
> We downloaded boost_1_54_0.tar from your download site and copied the
> files to include/boost directory
>
> but run into trouble of some missing varaibles or „wrong“ search paths for
> the copied xxx.hpp files.
>
> The post-dev package version that comes with SLES12 SP5 is 1.54, that‘s
> the reason for using the files from boost_1_54_0.tar.
>

> However: With pgRouting version 2.6.3 cmake/make and make install worked
> fine, so we are going to test this version, soon.

I must mention if you are using pgRouting version 2.x that uses a
dependency called CGAL, Just make sure that the CGAL installed
is **not** 5 or greater. Starting from 3.0.0 we do not use CGAL and we
stopped the maintenance of v2.x Because the change in CGAL
produced many build problems.

We just made a new release, 3.1.3, which is the latest version.
HINT:
When I want to install software from GitHub, I try to inspect the test
files to see what I have to do to make it work
This is where the dependencies get installed for pgRouting
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/blob/master/.github/workflows/ubuntu.yml#L44
That includes a dependency to perform the tests.
Note that each section (defined with the name) start from the root of the
repository.
If you get stuck building and installing pgRouting don't hesitate to ask.

> Many thanks
>
> Kind regards
>
> Heiko Kämpf
>

> Ostwestfalen-Lippe-IT Paderborn