[pgrouting-dev] GSoC 2021 - Community Bonding Period Report: Implement Edge Coloring Algorithm for pgRouting by the Boost Graph Library

Veenit Kumar 123sveenit at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 04:24:00 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

This mail serves as the report for the Community Bonding Period from May 17
to June 7, it consists of everything I have accomplished during this period.

I have done the following during the bonding period as listed:

   - Introduced myself and my project to the community mailing lists [1]
   and [2].
   - Updated the OSGeo Accepted Students wiki page [3].
   - Created a public repository [4], where I will be contributing this
   GSoC period.
   - Created a wiki page [5], where I will update my weekly work and report.
   - Studied GSoC students guide and the OSGeo's specific recommendations
   for students.
   - Participated in an introduction meeting with all the mentors where we
   have discussed all the future work we are going to do.
   - Understood the coding style, development style and testing of
   pgRouting, also analyzed various functions and how to create them and how
   they are maintained in proper files and directories.
   - All the meeting reports are documented here [6].
   - This [7] is the branch in my public repository where all my works and
   Pull Requests going to be reflected during the GSoC period.

*What I plan to do next week?*

   - Design *pgr_edgeColoring()* function.
   - Create a basic skeleton for documentation and tests.
   - Create a code skeleton of SQL and C code that allows the C++
   implementation of the function to work with PostgreSQL.

*Am I blocked on anything?*

   - No, I don't have any issues.

[1]https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/soc/2021-May/004667.html

[2]https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/pgrouting-dev/2021-May/002195.html

[3]https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2021_Accepted

[4]https://github.com/veenits123/GSoC-pgRouting

[5]
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-2021-Implement-Edge-Coloring-Algorithm-for-pgRouting-by-the-Boost-Graph-Library

[6]
https://github.com/pgRouting/pgrouting/wiki/GSoC-2021-Implement-Edge-Coloring-Algorithm-for-pgRouting-by-the-Boost-Graph-Library#community-bonding-period-may-17th---june-6th-1

[7]https://github.com/pgRouting/GSoC-pgRouting/tree/veenit-2021

Any feedback and suggestions are welcome!

Thanks and Regards

Veenit Kumar